Saturday 3 November 2012

Sojourn

A house at Battery area -Charleston, SC.

I’m currently living with my aunty: my dad’s younger sister. It’s been a month. Finally, after years of asking me to move in with her, I agreed to live with her. Well, I asked her to let me live in here – I was so terrified of living by myself after what had happened.

It was Thursday afternoon when I called my uncle in panic and frantically. I called my mom minutes early, I was crying. I asked my uncle to pick me up. I had been sick for a couple of days in Nadia’s house (my good fellow at college and the owner of my rented-room). But that day, I was so afraid and terrified. I condition was really bad: I was so thin and pale. I was sweating the whole time. My head felt like spinning around all the time. My stomach was lurching with acid. I could feel my whole body like “wrecking.” I really wanted to cry. I did cry, and this shocked everybody who knows me. I don’t remember the last time I cry, especially crying in front of my mom and my aunty. Even my niece commented, “I never see her crying… “ They took me to their house that afternoon. I just left my all belongings in my rented room (they’re still there now, I need to get them this month).

I uncle picked me up. I was planning to stay with them for a couple of days till I got better. Well, my plan changed then. I decided to live with them, and my parents are so happy this decision. Besides there are people who will take care of me, my parents are happy since I can feel living back to the society again. It’s been a while for me to live by my own. I spent 11 years in Surabaya all by myself, then two years in St. Louis. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I’ve been too far away from my family.

So, I’m living with my aunty, her husband, her 14 years old daughter, and a female cat named Putih (White). Next to her house are the in laws: two brothers in law, a sister in law, and a father in law (having Alzheimer). This house is quite full of dynamic – a household dynamic, you all know well.

Although my aunt’s house is quite far from my workplace (about one hour), it would not a problem (hopefully – I haven’t gone back to work since). Right now, my recovery process is the main priority. I feel contented and warmed living with my family. And, another good thing: due to my treatment with Dr. Huh and I’m having a strict diet, I can prepare my own meal. If I still live in the boarding house, it would be more difficult to meet the need. J

No comments: