Friday 2 November 2012

What I Miss from St. Louis


Apartment Kitchen

4383
Kitchen is my sanctuary place: a place where I spent hours to release my stress and nerve wrecking due to studying. There stands pantry – my pantry where I store tons of spices, all kinds of pasta – angel hair, penne, and macaroni. Also, a lovely stove where I could bake cookies and cakes. If I open the fridge, I’d be delightful to see my cheese collection. Sweet!

PS: off course I miss my room –with the fragrance from artisan candles – and my roomies, a person who can make an awesome Thai spicy sauce aka sambel.

Library
Library is the most memorable place at school to me. I could still describe all the things there: the front yard, the benches, the entrance, the lobby, and even the smell. I hanged out most compared to other places at school,
I used 3rd floor to use computer, do the homework, see people, and make friends.
I used 4th floor to sleep (a quick nap)
Thomas Jefferson Library, UMSL
I used 5th floor to poo (lol – habis paling sepi sih).

Whole Foods Market
It one of the best places on earth!!! As I walked in the store, I could see buckets of flowers on my left. The fragrance from flowers well-mixed with the smell of fresh-baked deli. All kinds of fruits also welcomed me. I walked through the fruit and veggie aisles, and the cheese aisle was next to them. Every time I was in this aisle, I was always astonished with hundreds of the cheese collection. I always summed up my visits to Whole Foods with having lunch or dinner at the deli bar. The foods were just too good to be true; you could choose anything you want to eat, then cashier would measure your food. Kale was my favorite item. As it was a paradise to me, I never minded to spend hours to get there (I took two train lines – red and blue – and walked more than a mile from the station. It’s quite far from my place…

De Loop and Forest Park
Kayak's that overlooks Forest Park
I usually took a long walk through these routes: De Loop – Forest Park. From UMSL North metro station, I usually got off at Delmar station, then walked along de Loop: smelling great scents from restaurants along the way such as Pi Pizzeria. Occasionally (when the weather was nice), I would go to Kayak’s Coffee for a cup of cappuccino and sat outdoor for an hour or two: watching the passersby and sexy joggers at FP. Then, I would continue walking through miles park, and took a train home from FP station.  


No comments: